IT Security AnalystClient Background - A fast paced and growing Hospital Services organization is recruiting a Security Analyst for a digital environment who creates and implements firewalls and software systems to protect data and prevent attacks on private data. Security analysts will identify weaknesses in the network's security system and prevent breaches from occurring. Focuses on the explanative analysis of an event root cause and process. Can develop greater context to events, allowing for more in-depth analysis and leveraging this to develop patterns of behavior in a client and conducts advanced root cause analysis.
Experience - 04 to 06 Years
Skills required - Strong understanding of security, scripting, coding, network technologies, incident management, and compliance and cybersecurity risk assessment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional understanding of confidentiality, ability to stay focused and work independently and in a team and must be flexible and willing to adapt to rapidly growing environment.
Training & Knowledge - Bachelor’s in computer science or relevant undergraduate or graduate degree. Industry recognized cybersecurity certifications preferred like Ethical Hacker, CompTIA or CISSP. At least 5 years Information Technology security management experience. Produce original content regarding new threats, techniques, and information for internal and external consumption. At least 3 years in Cybersecurity operations.
- 1. Manage all responses from intrusion detection systems and SIEM event correlation systems.
- 2. Utilize Best practice frameworks and methods to properly manage projects.
- 3. Evaluate security tools; determine compatibility issues with existing network
- 4. Configuration/infrastructure, and present conclusions to management.
- 5. Assist in monitoring and routinely audits compliance of all information security procedures and policies and ensure consistency of internal controls across departments.
- 6. Assist in defining security requirements and operational procedures to ensure network integrity, physical protection and authorize access to the network and applications.
- 7. Provide subject matter expert support.
- 8. Assess security posture compared to NIST and CIS controls.
- 9. Discover and identify gaps with IT security controls.
- 10. Documenting and updating IT Security Standard Operating Procedures.
- 11. Assist in providing company-wide IT security awareness training and learning.
- 12. Engage with teams and stakeholders on a prescribed meeting cadences and ad-hoc requests, in a subject matter expert capacity, related to deployed security technologies and their alternatives.
- 13. Implement and review industry standard IT security controls.
- 14. Perform as an escalation point for Tier I and II Analysts, as necessary, related to alerts.
- 15. Advanced experience with Splunk or a comparable SIEM.
- 16. Work within teams and across teams, and other business operations to enhance product offerings and mature business practices.
- 17. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Technology Officer.